“God give us the strength each day to fight for our family”
The Bridge to Hope is many things. A Christian ministry whose purpose is to enable young Mothers to get off the streets, get back on their feet, and have a stable, secure home for themselves and their children. But we are something else as well: A colorful, extended family that God has put together for the benefit of each of its members and for the glory of Jesus Christ. You are part of our family!
Because of you, each year our family grows, even as mothers graduate from the program and launch out into society with their children and a stable job, and as new mothers are adopted into the family and learn what it means to be loved, mentored, protected, and introduced to Jesus, who will never leave them, no matter what their situation. Just as when one’s children grow up and go off on their own independently, they are still family, so also are our graduates. We want all our graduates to be proud of having been a Bridge Mom, no matter how many years have passed since graduation, and pass on this legacy to our new Bridge Moms.
As 2017 comes to a close, we look back at a few of our Bridge families and rejoice at all that God has done for them because of your faithful support and prayers!
- a mother of two, graduated over the summer and now has a home, a job, restored her driving priviledges and even a “new” to her car!
- a mother of one, also a recent graduate received a promotion to supervisor at her employment. We also celebrate she was baptized by her sponsoring faith community, Faith Bible Church.
- a mother, who was an inch away from losing all rights to her child prior to entering The Bridge to Hope, was nominated and selected to be one of only 20 families in Maricopa County to be honored at the annual Reunification Day event this year. Today she has joined the mentoring team from La Casa de Cristo Lutheran Church and is mentoring a new mother.
- a graduate from 2006, announced her son was promoted to Corporal. We are as proud of him as his mother is, as our heart still sees him as that young boy attending ARMOR at First Southern Baptist Church of Scottsdale.
- We celebrate the marriages of two Bridge Alumni, one a gradate and a first for our ministry, a ‘Bridge Kid’!
It is because of you these mothers, in their time of need, had a protector as they received the love and guidance necessary exit homelessness.
Please consider giving to The Bridge to Hope, so together we may offer hope and a home extending and growing our family. If you have already given to The Bridge to Hope, we are thankful. If you have not, we are prayerful you will consider The Bridge to Hope in your year-end giving. What a difference having a family can make in the lives of a single mother and her children.
Remember, with the new tax plan just signed by the President, the standard federal deduction will go from $12,000 per couple filing jointly in 2017 to $24,000 in 2018. Maximize your giving now! Ensure your tax credit (or any gift to the ministry) is received by December 31, 2017, if you plan to itemize this year.
Thank you for fighting for families that need a protector and creating new Christmas memories for those that have experienced homelessness. And ensuring a New Year of love and happiness for a homeless single mother.
Click here to make your TAX CREDIT DONATION online
or mail your contribution today so it arrives by 12/31/17:
1815 W. Missouri Avenue, #105
Phoenix, AZ 85015