Love, Dignity, Acceptance, and Hope
A transformational housing ministry
Phoenix based ministry
The Bridge to Hope is a Phoenix based ministry offering housing to homeless single mothers while partnering them with a local Christian faith community to sponsor them emotionally, physically and spiritually.
Ending Homelessness, One Family at a Time
This mentoring partnership is designed to allow those from our faith community to not only know her hurts, her families needs but a homeless mothers name while walking with her as she navigates from homelessness to wholeness.
With Christ as our foundation
The Bridge to Hope and our volunteers work to reverse the devastating and long-term effects of poverty and homelessness among single mothers and their children. Our programs and services are focused on empowering single mothers to maintain the family, enhance their skills so they can independently care for their children and integrate back into the community.
Who We Are
We encourage single mothers to turn to The Bridge to Hope for support if they have experienced domestic violence, a financial crisis or have recovered from substance abuse. These women and their children are welcomed with open arms by a loving and accepting Christian community. To qualify the mother must meet minimal requirements to participate in the program:
Mothers must be willing and able to work full-time. The Bridge to Hope offers each mother training in skills needed to maintain a full-time job and establish a savings account, which are essential to financial independence.
Mothers must be drug free prior to entering our housing ministry. The Bridge to Hope operates with this requirement to emphasize commitment to success and to ensure the safety of the children and other families on campus.
The Bridge to Hope also provides emergency services, crisis intervention, group and one-to-one counseling, and food and clothing to the families in the program. Believing in the power of compassion, The Bridge to Hope matches families with volunteer teams for guidance, mentorship and emotional support.
Bridging the Gap between homelessness and wholeness!
Graduation from The Bridge to Hope is an exciting turning point in each family’s life. Single mothers leave the program with a job, a start at creating healthy credit, a savings account, vocational training, and affordable housing resulting in an increased capacity for independently caring for their families. Each family also exits with knowledge of how to utilize community resources. The children, who have taken this difficult journey with them, also feel safer and more secure in a more stable environment.
Ending Homelessness, One Family At a Time.
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'” Matthew 25:40 (NIV)
The Bridge to Hope Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. II Timothy 3:16
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, His atoning death through His shed blood and in His bodily resurrection. I Corinthians 15:3-4
- We believe in the justification of sinners by God’s grace, through faith in Christ alone. Ephesians 2:8-9
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. I John 4:13
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences. John 3:16
The Mission of The Bridge to Hope
To help homeless families achieve spiritual wholeness and emotional, physical and financial well-being by overcoming self-defeating behaviors with Christ as our foundation.
The Vision of The Bridge to Hope
To end homelessness One Family at a Time by equipping the church to take a vested interest in a single mother and her children in crisis, a family that has lost hope and direction.
The Bridge to Hope provides an avenue for a church to motivate their members to exemplify Christ’s love and hope to homeless women and children by encouraging them along the road to recovery from homelessness.
Executive Board Members
Leadership, skills, and a desire to fulfill the mission of The Bridge to Hope is the goal of our Board of Directors. We love what we do.
- Carshena Potts-Verdieu, Owner of 731 Events – Planning & Concierge Services LinkedIn Profile
- Cheri Bjorndsrud, Bookkeeper, Activities Coordinator and Driver for Ten Sleep Senior Center
- Evogene Stephens, Retired 32 years elementary school teacher (26 yr. in Madison School District-Phoenix) LinkedIn
- Jane Kilburn, Retired Resource Teacher – Paradise Valley Sch. District. LinkedIn
- Jim Roth, Business Broker at Premier Sales, Inc. LinkedIn
- Keith Wollaver, Realty One Group. LinkedIn
- Patrick Harter, Marketing Strategy & Operations Specialist. LinkedIn
- Steve Hoffmann, self employed handy man LinkedIn
- Trey Garnett, Manager Experis Care-Manpower Group LinkedIn Profile
shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness;
1 Peter 5:2
Prior to entering B2H our mothers may have experienced
- Addiction was primary reason for homelessness 63%
- Turned to Prostitution 26%
- Sexual Abuse Victim (SAV) 16%
- Experienced Domestic Violence (DV) 53%
Video by Nextworld Media and Game 7 Productions. All Rights Reserved.
Give hope and a home to a single mother
All you have to do is have a willing heart!
Bridge to Hope
Bridge to Hope
1815 W. Missouri Ave #105
Get In Touch
The Bridge to Hope, Inc.
A Transformational Housing Ministry for homeless single mothers.
Address: 1815 W. Missouri Ave #105
Phoenix, Arizona 85015
Phone: 602.589.5556 (Phone & Fax)
Business Hours: 8:30a-3:00p M-F, or by Apointment